"An amazing experience"

I recently had surgery as an NHS patient, having opted to go to Duchy through the Choose and Book system. The reason for going down to Duchy (living in Torbay) is that my husband (after less than satisfactory care elsewhere) underwent a hip replacement there 2 years ago, so I knew and trusted the surgeon implicitly. Communication regarding appointments was excellent, yes there were a couple of appointments rescheduled which was frustrating but the secretaries could not have been more approachable and understanding. Once in for my surgery, from the moment I walked into reception and met the receptionist, every member of staff in every department I had contact with was friendly, supportive and welcoming. This helped turn what was an anxious time into one that was as comfortable and relaxing as it could be. All the staff were wonderful, I could not fault any one of them. I am lucky to have had my surgery at the Duchy, and would have no hesitation in recommending anyone to refer themselves down there. Thanks to all the staff, you do an amazing job.

Response from Duchy Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give such comprehensive feedback following your recent operation at Duchy Hospital. We have shared your comments with the whole hospital team as your comments really did cover everybody. It is a team effort, and we are delighted that you found the experience so positive.