"I was an outpatient in the dermatology ..."

About: Churchill Hospital

I was an outpatient in the dermatology department, which I found efficient, friendly, and easy as a patient. All staff I met were pleasant and helpful. There were students present during the consultations, but the consultant asked me privately if this was OK, and the students themselves were all very professional. The consultant and nurses treated me with respect, and I had appropriate treatment. The canteen is excellent and well-priced!

The appointment booking service. The initial telephone booking was clearly not an efficient system - I was offered an appointment, asked if there were nothign a bit sooner, and one was instantly found a whole month earlier! In booking subsequent appointments, despite the consultant giving the necessary time (e.g. "in 6 to 8 weeks") the clerk couldn't find a suitable appointment whilst I was there, and subsequently sent dates that were much later so that I had to ring up again to fix it. This was irritating, but ultimately resolved.

In general, very satisfied with my experience.

Response from Churchill Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments, which have been passed on to the department concerned; our staff are always grateful to know that patients are satisfied with the care they have received.