"Excellent care"

About: Basildon University Hospital

I can not praise nor recommend the staff at Basilson Mental Health Acute Assement ward. At a very distressing and diffiuclt time for my son he was met with kindness, care and extreme professionalsim. I have to mention three members of staff for commendation one of whom worked way over their working hours to find my son a suitable placement as he was taken ill in Essex, but is registered with GPs in Warwickshire. I have written to the Chief Executive to express my heartfelt thanks, those of my son, former husband and wider family. They are a shining example of one of the many unsung, unheralded people in our NHS and he deserves recognition. On the ward two members of staff stood out as caring, kind and dedicated to their vocation. I can only reiterate that the services provided were of the highest level and I can not thank these people enough. Thank you all, at a very difficult time in our son's life you went above and beyond the call of duty.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We are pleased that your son's recent experience of care within the Mental health unit was a good one. We will forward on your kind words to the Trust who provides this service.