"fabulous phlebotomists"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

My teenage son, who has severe learning disabilities, had to have a blood test today. He has never had one before; so I was unsure how he would react. I need not have worried, the phlebotomist sought additional support from their colleague (who I think was on their break) and together they gained my son's confidence, allowed him to express his worries and make decisions about using a numbing spray, whether to look or not and plaster versus cotton wool. They took their time and the result was two bottles of blood (very red according to my son), no pain, no bruise, only one tear and a child who bristled with pride at his achievement. Thank you so much to both of these wonderful ladies. The little things really do make such a difference.

Thank you so much for your feedback, I am really glad that all ran smoothly and we were able to support your son through a stressful procedure. The staff involved are amazing.