"shocked at the attention given to telephone..."

About: East Surrey Hospital

i was calling the forth time and again heard a yes! i somewhere knew i was making a wasteful two hour journey to the hospital with my two little kids one of whom was discharged from the hospital only two days back. it was for the Heel prick test they do in the child's first year. I was calling them again and again to confirm if they would still do it when the child is already 13 months old and the person over the phone told me yes. so i went there and themn i was refused after an hour long wait. i don't know if they can;t manage it what a person is asking and check the details with atleast some attention. the staff can not imagine how i made my lil boy ready to be in the hospital again after just two days when he was discharged from the same hospital.

Response from Cathy White, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Experience Team, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous,

Kind regards,

Cathy White

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Anonymous, I'm sorry to hear that you had a wasted journey to the hospital for your child's heel prick test and that you felt that you received conflicting information from our staff on the phone. I have passed your comments on to our paediatric staff to make them aware of your experience. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, it's important for us to be made aware of feedback such as yours. Kind regards, Cathy White Patient Experience Team