"Gall Bladder surgery could not have been better"

About: Golden Jubilee National Hospital / General Surgery Hairmyres Hospital / General Surgery

I saw my GP about persistent symptoms, was sent for a scan which showed gall stones. She didn't think it looked worth referring me to consultant but I said I really couldn't tolerate the restrictive diet and pain so I was referred.

Saw a consultant a few weeks later who suggested surgery. I was expected to be done at Hairmyers hospital within 12 weeks target time. Had a scope which showed stomach bacteria which needed treated.

Got a letter offering a date at Golden Jubilee waiting times hospital after 8 weeks and had the surgery last week.

I was delighted with the medical expertise and care at both hospitals. I really don't feel it could have been better. The single room and excellent staff at the Golden Jubilee made the experience much less of an ordeal. I am a week post surgery and making a quick virtually pain free recovery.

Response from Christine McGuinness, Communications Manager, Golden Jubilee National Hospital

Dear florab

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the Golden Jubilee National Hospital.

As a national resource for the NHS in Scotland, part of our remit is to help local NHS Boards treat patients faster. We are delighted to hear that you have already had your surgery and that you are recovering so well.

Coming into hospital can be a scary experience, so it's also great to hear that our staff looked after you so well.

Best wishes for your ongoing recovery from all of us here at the Golden Jubilee.

• florab thinks this response is helpful

Response from Susan Friel, Chief of Nursing Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Florab

Many thanks for you comments on your care and experience. I'm really glad you were delighted with the medical expertise and care at Hairmyres, as part of your pathway. I will make sure your comments are passed to the teams who looked after you.

Please accept my best wishes for your continued recovery.

Susan