"I was treated with such dignity, respect and care"

About: Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh at Little France / Accident & Emergency Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh at Little France / General Medicine

I went to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary three times over a few days with symptoms of nausea and sickness. Because of the severity of the symptoms I was given injections to stop the sickness on the first two occasions I went to the hospital – at that point I was unable to keep down any water which I was trying to drinking to counteract the dehydration caused by the sickness. After being given the injections I was sent home.

Unfortunately the injections did not stop the sickness, on my third trip to the hospital there was a delay in being seen. Whilst I was waiting I suffered from a grand mal seizure and was subsequently admitted to the ITU ward for five nights before being transferred to a general ward for another couple of nights before I was discharged.

Throughout my treatment I was treated with such dignity, respect and care. When I came round in the ITU, having no memory of the seizure, I was given all the information I needed about what had happened, what had caused the sickness and how they were correcting the problem. It was great treatment.

Response from Customer Relations and Feedback Team, NHS Lothian

Dear Fee280

Thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion. This must have been an extremely worrying time for you. I am so glad to read that your experience at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh was positive and I do hope you are now making a full recovery.

I will pass your comments on to the relevant departments and I know the staff there will also appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback.

• Fee280 thinks this response is helpful