"Well to be honest not a lot as ..."

About: Torbay Hospital

Well to be honest not a lot as my overall experience having my baby boy at Torbay hospital was disgraceful.

One nurse shouted at me and called me selfish only 4 days after giving birth to my baby boy.

I had a student midwife in the theatre when I never gave my permission.

I was allowed to labour for 22 hours before someone decided to do a scan which if my notes had been read they would have known I would not be able to deliever my boy naturally thus saving my 22 hours of distress.

I lost blood before I went into labour I was told my baby was fine, although later reading my notes it states there was feotal distress.

I was left in blood stained sheets and stocking for 2 days. Before my mother had to ask for them to be changed. There was dried blood on the floor.

A nurse also put a dirty nappy back on my baby after checking him.

Response from Torbay Hospital

We would like to offer a sincere apology that this was your experience of our service. We would like to encourage you to contact us directly so that we can fully investigate what happened. The person to contact is Maria Mortimore (Inpatient Matron for Maternity Services) on 01803 654620. We would advise anyone who raises any concerns with staff about their care and who is dissatisfied with their response to ask for the Matron at the time.