"Unnecessary wait for my father in law"

About: Queen's Hospital / Accident & emergency

8 hours and 30 minute wait before my seriously ill Father in law was seen by a doctor!

He is in the advanced stages of cancer and was in extreme pain. Only once during the time he was there were his ob's taken and he was not looked at again until I enquired when he was going to be seen by the doctor as we had been waiting for over 8 hours.

I am so very angry at the treatment or lack of it he received at Queens. When he was finally seen and treated by the doctor, he was discharged within 2 hours. In my opinion an unnecessary 10 and a half hour wait in A & E for a seriously sick man.

Although I realise that the staff at the hospital are extremely stretched, if he had seen someone earlier this could have been avoided and a desperately needed trolley vacated.

Response from Queen's Hospital

Thank you for telling us about your father-in-law’s care visit to our hospital and I am sorry to hear of the long wait for him to be seen. I want to make sure that your concerns are looked into. Please contact me through our PALS team with more information on 01708 435 454 or email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk. Yours sincerely Nadeem Moghal Medical Director