"Good care, but poor facilities"

About: Woolmanhill Hospital

Great service from all the staff at ENT, from the audiologist who did my hearing test, the receptionist who checked me in, and the Doctor who undertook my consultation. The doctor was very understanding, listened to everything I had to say and explained everything in great, simple detail for me to understand. Thanks to all involved.

My only gripe is the facilities the hospital has. We were told by NHS Grampian that Woolmanhill Hospital would be closed by the end of 2013 and it's still open. The facilities are abysmal and the site is falling apart. Not a safe place to be at all. It can't be a great working environment for the staff either.

Something needs to be done sooner rather than later.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear Patient

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the ENT service at Woolmanhill. It is great to hear that you got good care and we will pass your comments on to the staff who looked after you.

With regards to the premsises I will ask a more knowledgebale colleague to provide an update on the plans for Woolmanhill and get back to you as soon as I can.

• urquhartm92 thinks this response is helpful

Dear Patient

Having been able to talk to our Director for Modernisation I can now let you know what is happening with the Woolmanhill site. Most of the services which were previously delivered on this site have been relocated.

The services which remain are Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) and audiology. Both of these services will have moved to the Woodend site by March 2016. The Woolmanhill site will be sold and the proceeds will be reinvested in NHS Grampian and used to fund improvement and capital projects.

We are all aware the the premises at Woolmanhill are no longer fit for purpose and staff are doing their best to maintain high standards of care until the services can relocate.

I hope this provides you with reassurance that the matter is in hand and that plans are well advanced for the future of these services.

• urquhartm92 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by urquhartm92 (the patient)

Thank you for your quick replies, Linda. Nice to know it's in hand and I am incredibly grateful for the care the staff are providing in difficult circumstances.

You are most, welcome.