"Physiotherapy treatment"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I visited my GP in late 2014 and was diagnosed as suffering from plantar fasciitis. A referral was made to physiotherapy at the Royal Alexandra Hospital.

I wasn't called for an appointment until March 2015. The Physio dept were unclear why the referral had not been put through with a higher level of urgency, noting that the condition was affecting my ability to play competitive sport and day to day work activities.

I received what I consider to be an excellent services of care from the Physio dept at the RAH. They took onboard the condition I was referred for and also another (Achilles fiber tears) which had developed from the original one. I received treatment for both conditions and was discharged from the service within one month.

The person-centred approach by the Physio dept was hugely beneficial to me. The treatment provided was better than the private treatment I have accessed in the past. I was given instruction on stretching and proprioception work and on my last appointment was taken to the gym room (on site) to test progress and to provide me with more examples of proprioception work.

Having waited so long to access the service and having had to pay for private treatment in the interim, I cannot speak highly enough of the service provided here.

I was also told I can self-refer to the service so will do this in future rather than go through the GP practice.

Dear a healthy patient

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are out and about over the next week but will respond to your properly when we get back.

If you have something urgent you want to raise can we suggest you contact the Patient Advice and Support Service at http://www.cas.org.uk/about-us/partnerships-services/cab-service-partners/patient-advice-and-support-service or through your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Thank you.

Response from Niall McGrogan, Head of Patient Experience and Public Involvement, I work for Dr Margaret Maguire, the Director of Nursing, here at NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear A Healthy Patient

Thank you so much for your considered posting. In NHS Greater Glasgow adn Clyde we are committed to ensuring that all of our interactions with patients are person centred.

We know that if we get this right, the patient becomes a full partner in their care and this is better for them and for the Service. Your posting is a great expample of this approach and I want to thank you for sharing it on Patient Opinion.

I will ensure that your posting is shared with our Physio colleagues at the RAH. Im sure they will be delighted to hear your kind words adn thoughtful comments.

Best wishes,