"takes 3 weeks 2 days for urgent cancer screening"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

Despite the NHS having a guaranteed 2 week wait for suspected cancer referrals, this disgraceful hospital has taken 1 week 4 days to get a letter to me offering me an appointment 12 days hence, a grand total of 23 days. This is from the date my practice made the referral over the phone followed by a letter the next day. Cancer spreads fast, not to mention I'm in a lot of pain and my GP won't help me without the scan. I'd cancel but then it would take even longer. Didn't even contact me to tell me about the delay and allow me to try a different hospital. It is just a simple scan, not even involving a consultant and yet they waste time allocating me to one, despite saying my GP will receive the results. I mean if I do have cancer and it has spread because of these delays I may have to undergo harsh debilitating chemotherapy.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you're experiencing in relation to having your scan performed. Should you feel it would be helpful to discuss your concerns in more detail, can I ask you to please contact our Customer Care Department on 01772 522521.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We were sorry to hear of the dificulties you encountered and would ask you to please contact our PALS team on 01772 522972 if you are continuing to have any difficulties, to enable them to help resolve them.