"Quick and efficient service"

About: Royal United Hospital

On 11th February I was admitted for a laparoscopic oophorectomy (removal of ovaries) and was impressed by the service I received in Charlotte Ward by all the staff. I was treated with care and compassion and even had my own room for the day, but fortunately I was allowed home the same day after my keyhole surgery. It was my choice to have my ovaries removed as my sister died aged 54 of ovarian cancer and I have recurring breast cancer. It is important that we (including Angelina Jolie!) tell others about our decisions and experiences. A few weeks later I had a mastectomy and lymph node removal, also at the RUH - see separate review!

Response from Royal United Hospital

We thank you for your comments about the recent care you received on Charlotte Ward after your surgery. We will certainly forward your comments on to the staff who, we are sure, will be very grateful for your kind words. **** It’s your hospital. Have your say. Become a member of the Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust today: www.ruh.nhs.uk/membership ****