"Unsuitable seating at Lanark Health Centre"

About: Lanarkshire Community Services / Physiotherapy

I had a discectomy 3 weeks ago and and attended Lanark Heath Centre for a physiotherapy appointment last week. The seats in the waiting room are totally unsuitable for anyone with any sort of mobility or spinal problem. It is generic seating that is too low, offers poor support and has no armrests to help you up. This is disappointing considering the type of patients that visit the health centre.

I had to stand while waiting to be seen and watched other patients struggle to rise out of these chairs.

Response from Marilyn Aitken, General Manager, South East Unit, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear mizzw,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience when you attended Lanark Health Centre for a physiotherapy appointment last week. You've provided helpful insight into the difficulties faced by those with mobility or spinal problems and I will use this to take forward improvements to the seating arrangements in the waiting area.

If you would like to make contact with me (01698 723230) I'd be keen to discuss improvements with you.

Response from Marilyn Aitken, General Manager, South East Unit, NHS Lanarkshire We have made a change

Dear mizzw

Thank you for agreeing to meet and try out some chairs recommended by our physiotherapy colleagues. As well as introducing some of these chairs in the waiting area at Lanark we are looking to extend to other locations.

I do hope your conditions continues to improve.