"laminectomy at Hull Royal"

About: Hull Royal Infirmary

last week I had a laminectomy, the whole hospital put me at ease it was rather a shock to need this op asap ,from the Consultant to the cleaners All the staff at ward 4 were amazing . I was really terrified being wheeled down to theatre just as I woke up ,but every one was lovely and put me at total ease , thankyou all .

Response from Hull Royal Infirmary

Dear Joanne, Thank you for adding you comment to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the staff concerned on ward 4 are made aware of these. If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, we are recruiting members. By becoming a member you receive our quarterly newsletter, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You can also attend our ‘medicine for members’ sessions and respond to questionnaires. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member; you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose. For more information please either email foundation.trust@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on (01482) 675165. If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk as we are always striving to improve our patients experience. Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services. Kind regards, Patient Experience and Engagement Department Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.