"I'm so grateful to the hospital..."

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I had a fall and injured my knee which became badly infected. I attended A&E on the recommendation of my GP. The staff were cheerful, prompt in their care of me, understanding and patient as I wasn't very mobile. They were busy, but I still felt as though I were a priority to them. I thank them sincerely. I was given an appointment the next day at the fracture clinic where I was again seen promptly and I could not have asked for more comprehensive and supportive treatment as I was in considerable pain. I was given choices about what options of care would be available to me. I received another appointment the following week and a follow up the week after that. On every occasion, despite the staff clearly being busy, I encountered only politeness, understanding and a real patience which I would think is rather difficult given the circumstances of a busy ward. I have been more than content with my treatment and I wish to offer my thanks and appreciation to a professional group of people who are doing a difficult job, in uncertain times with a sometimes irritable clientele. I cannot speak highly enough of my care in this hospital and I would recommend it to any and all.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anon

The A&E staff will be pleased to read you kind comments about your recent visit to our department, thank you for taking the time to pass on your thanks which I will share with the team. I hope you are continuing to make a good recovery.

Karen Hansord

A&E Sister, Lincoln County Hospital

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anon

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding the care you received in the Fracture clinic. The team will be pleased to know that you were very happy and I will ensure they are made aware of your comments.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience and I hope you are recovering well.

Sandra Rice