"Excellent experience of Day Surgery"

About: Crawley Hospital / Gynaecology

I have just had 6 gynaecological procedures completed at Crawley Hospital Day Surgery Unit and I can't fault the level of care and service I got at the hospital.

Having previously had a bad experience at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Cambridgeshire where one minor procedure went badly wrong and left me in a mess for weeks, I did attend my appointment at Crawley with a little bit of trepidation as I was having a lot more done this time. However the experience and service I had was faultless. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. They made me and all of the other patients feel at ease.

I am writing this 24 hours after I had my procedures and I am already up and about with some pain which is to be expected but a completely different experience to the one I have had previously. I would definitely recommend this hospital for gynaecological surgery under the care of Mr Penny.

Response from Bill Kilvington, Assistant Director for Women and Children's, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear GeorgiaMB

I am delighted that your procedures went well and would like to thank you for your kind comments. I will ensure these are passed on to the staff involved, including Mr Penny.

I would like to wish you a speedy recovery.