"Very poor customer service"

About: NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

My appointment at the Barony Practice was arranged for 17:40hrs. As usual in this hectic life we live in, traffic delayed my arrival and I entered the consultancy room at 17:46. I know the exact time as I was concerned on actual arrival time.

The receptionist said I'm sorry your appointment was 17:40, let me see if the doctor can still see you... followed by an amazing "Oh the doctor has shutdown his computer and needs to go home sharp tonight... do you want to set a new appointment?

No Doctor coming out to ask what I was there to discuss with him / her, leaving no feeling of a caring health service. I will not publish the name but the Practice needs to address this.

I am writing this several hours later and still cannot relate to how this can be allowed to happen in this country. We all strive for customers in this world and for sure no-one in my business would be allowed to shutdown early with customer needs unfulfilled.

Dear local business leader

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are out and about over the next week but will respond to your properly when we get back.

If you have something urgent you want to raise can we suggest you contact the Patient Advice and Support Service at http://www.cas.org.uk/about-us/partnerships-services/cab-service-partners/patient-advice-and-support-service or through your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Thank you.

We are sorry that you were made to feel this way and have already dealt with this via our practice complaints procedure.

Thanks,