"A seamless service across departments."

About: Sandwell General Hospital

I recently attended phlebotomy for a regular blood test. Due to the phlebotomist seeing my acute exacerbation of pain due to a pre-existing rheumatoid disease they referred me to the outpatients clinics to see if there was someone available to see me that day. There was no rheumatology clinic that afternoon, but the nurse in charge of clinics arranged for me to see a Rheumatology Nurse Specialist that afternoon. They saw me, during their admin period, spoke to the Consultant (clinical director) and I was diagnosed with a secondary disease and given a prescription for medication the same day. I was also given contact details for the team in case I had any further exacerbations that required attention prior to my next outpatient appointment. Five weeks on this medication is beginning to work and I am now having significantly more pain free periods each day than I have done in the past four months. Thank you to everyone involved. I have detailed don't know in department as it was more than one: phlebotomy, rheumatology and a further department (outpatients corridor Thursday afternoon) so is a combination across the hospital.

Response from Sandwell General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback about Sandwell General Hospital. We aim to deliver good quality services to everyone who passes through our doors and are glad to hear that we have helped in managing your pain. Thank you and I wish you well, Toby Lewis, Chief Executive.