"referral process dysfunctional and wasteful"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

so far, the referral process has been thoroughly dysfunctional and wasteful: First, I was not able to change an appointment on the site but it was cancelled by default, so GP had to refer again; now I am not able to book appointment at all! - and that is not even mentioning the letter from the Consultant saying I could phone and re-book and a less than helpful ENT admin (referral to Voices Clinic) - resulting in zilch.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. Regarding the online booking system, we have spoken to the outpatients team who informed us that being unable to book typically means that the appointment slots were full. We are concerned to hear that staff some staff were not as helpful as we would expect them to be. We will discuss this with the team with the aim of improving our standards. If you wish us to look into what happened on this occasion in more detail, we require more information from you. To do so, you can contact us on 0115 9249924 ext. 67184 or email sarah.kennedy@nuh.nhs.uk.