"Hospital Experience at the Freeman"

About: Freeman Hospital / Urology

As a 69 year old man who had never spent a single night in any hospital, I underwent a six hour operation for kidney removal and bladder tumour removal in March performed by Mr D Thomas and his superb team, followed up by a week of outstanding aftercare in CCU Ward 37. I cannot overstate how impressive the professionalism and dedication proved to be. I was as eventually transferred to Ward 3 for aftercare, this being a really busy ward where, although noisy at times, the setup and staff were impressive. The "hospital food" in my opinion was really good.

Response from The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Freeman Hospital

The following response was posted on Patient Opinion in March 2015 when this comment was originally published. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback. Your comments have been passed onto the teams who looked after you during your stay and they have been delighted to receive them. We would like to wish you a continued speedy recovery.