"It was like a breath of fresh air talking to her"

About: NHS Ayrshire & Arran

I sent feedback about a letter I received about having a right to treatment within 12 weeks, when my G P had referred me in October 2014 and I was still waiting.

I received an e-mail then a phone call from Eunice Goodwin, patient feedback manager for NHS AA.

It was like a breath of fresh air talking to her. I felt I was totally on the same level, and knew that the empathy was sincere.

After passing on some added information, I received a phone call from Eunice along with a date for my proposed surgery.

I cannot thank you enough, Eunice......you have restored my faith in NHS AA.

Dear Erincarol,

I have worked in the NHS for many years how humbling it is, patients never cease to amaze me, I was nearly lost for words (a rare occassion I hear my friends say).

Earlier today I awarded a gold star to the three members of A&A staff who helped us arrive at this satisfactory conclusion, so it was team work.

I am delighted that we got it sorted for you and thank you so much for your kind words.

Take care