"Hip replacements and knee Arthroscopy"

About: Royal Orthopaedic Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I have severe RA, it affects all my joints and ive had it since childhood. I needed both my hips replaced in 2006/2007, and had these surgeries done very successfully-both by the amazing Mr Thomas and his team.

Then last year the fantastic (and very comical) Mr Green saw me about my knees, we decided an arthroscopy was the best option but I went into knowing it only made a big difference to a few lucky people.

Alas my knee is still very awkward and painful but Mr Green im sure will replace it for me after he's dealt with my upcoming shoulder replacements.

Thank you ROH. You are one fantastic hospital that I'm very grateful to have so near.

Response from Claire Williams, Patient Relations Manager, Public and Patient Services, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Iz hello,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback of your experiences at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. I'm pleased to hear that Mr Thomas and Mr Green and all of our teams are looking after you so well. I'm sorry that the RA needs repeated interventions and treatments to keep you going but know that we will do all we can to help.

I will pass your kind words back to my colleagues you mention and our senior managers.

with our best wishes for your continued wellbeing,