"Excellent care given and miraculous outcome"

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / Emergency Medicine Kincardine Community Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics Woodend General Hospital / Elective Orthopaedics

I was in a RTA in Oct 2010 and was in 3 different hospitals recovering for 4 months being rebuilt from head to toe, literally. It is remarkable what these surgeons can do. I had 6 operations within the first 2 weeks and 3 more since leaving hospital. I AM a walking miracle and very thankful for every day that I wake up. I would like to thank Mr Lawrie, Mr Hamikton and Mr Kumar and all the staff involved for helping me get my life back. I am truly grateful. Also thanks to Marcus Shearer, the paramedic who was on holiday, whom I was lucky enough for him to be three cars behind me at the accident, he took charge and got me to hospital by helicopter and helped me so much. Thank you all so much for the wonderful work you all do each day.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear patient

What a great story and a fabulous outcome for you. We are very grateful to receive your feedback and will pass it on to the staff concerned.

IN NHS Grampian we are currently looking at how Major Trauma Services will be delivered in the future. We are using patient experience and patient stories to inform decisions about this important service. If you would like to help with this process by sharing your story in a bit more detail we would be delighted to hear from you.

I can be contacted by telephone on 01224 558449 or by email at loldroyd@nhs.net

Once again, thank you for posting your story and I wish you good health.

Kind regards,