"You wouldn't treat a dog this way."

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

Spent a week in hospital with pleurisy pneumonia and found the whole experience shocking.The majority of night staff showed no interest to me as a patient, there was three occasions when I had pressed my alarm and no on bothered to acknowledge. The night staff made no attempt to check if we were ok apart on change over. Was told at 15.00 I would be going home, at 20.00 I asked was was going on and was told another hour. At 21.30 I was asked if I could vacate my bed and I could wait in the day/store room. I was still on oxcygen and feeling very weak. It was 22.30 that an ambulance finally turned up and got home at 22.00. I am a 67 year old man, very weak., on oxygen wearing only light pants I was angry , tired and very down.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the care that you received. We would like to look into the issues you have raised but will require more information from you in order to do so. Please can I ask you to contact our PALS department who will be able to look into this for you. You can find their contact information at this link http://www.medway.nhs.uk/for-patients/patient-advice-and-liaison-service/