"I grew a beard waiting ..."

About: The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

Attended this hospital on 3 occasions. Once in A&E for breaking my hand, and then follow up appointments in the fracture clinic. The treatment and the staff is fine it's the just the wait times. The waits are excessive beyond any reasonable margin. The A&E appointment +2.5 hours and both fracture clinic appointments +3 hours waiting time each. Just for the doctor to say, "yeah that's looks fine" which took less than 2 minutes. This is just unacceptable. I will not re attend this hospital if I can possibly help it.

Response from The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

Dear Mr Kirby, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experiences at Tunbridge Wells Hospital. We were pleased to learn that you found the staff and treatment to be fine, but were disappointed to note your dissatisfaction with the waiting times. We aim to see and treat all patients presenting to A&E within 4 hours, although we do appreciate that this can still feel like a long time. Due to the volume of patients attending fracture clinics, and the fact that many of them need to have x-rays performed during their visit, waiting times can be longer than we would like, but we keep this under regular review. We welcome comments from our patients and use these are part of our regular reappraisal of services. Kind regards, The PALS Team.