"First baby on special care"

About: York Hospital

I have never experienced such a level of care. On G2 and especially on SCBU. I found it live changing to see people working with such dedication and skills. Our Midwife was fantastic. I don't think I could have delivered with no interference without them. I felt very well looked after and the delivery room was lovely. Although it wasn't ideal of course to be in SCBU for a week because of Jaundice I was actually sad to leave as I felt so supported and looked after. We could stay in the beautiful room with my husband and can't tell you how grateful we are. The staff on G2 and on SCBU are so kind and caring, I think that is a big part of recovery. You can have the best medicine and knowledge in the world but without the right staff that's all worth very little. So, absolutely amazing experience. Thank you!

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visit to us was very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.