"Good experience of Kingston Maternity Services"

About: Kingston Hospital / Maternity care

I had a wonderful experience giving birth to my son at the Malden Suite of Kingston Hospital recently.

The incredible midwives there were warm and encouraging throughout - when I arrived in labour, feeling tearful and overwhelmed, the first thing I was given was a hug before being checked that both the baby and myself were in good health.

From there I was moved to a birthing pool in the Malden suite; the room felt private, clean and comfortable and not too hospital like. I felt respected and totally safe and looked after all the way through the birth and the aftermath - in fact I didn't interact with a single staff member who I wouldn't describe as kind, compassionate and professional. Somehow they managed to make a gruelling experience feel like a really positive one.

The postnatal ward wasn't quite as nurturing but I certainly don't have any complaints - I was always helped when I asked for help and we were checked on regularly.

Overall my baby and I were both given fantastic care and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Kingston to anyone interested in giving birth there.

Response from Kingston Hospital

Congratulations on your new arrival. Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We will forward your thanks to our Maternity Unit.