"excellent service and care"

About: Pontefract General Infirmary

I had knee replacement surgery in May 2013 at 48 yrs old .I was one of the first patients admitted after the refurbishment ,done in 2013. I was made extremely welcome on my arrival, the ward was spotless and the nursing staff were first class. The surgical team were excellent and the operation was a great success. I was placed on an enhanced recovery program, walking the same day, and discharged the day after surgery and never looked back since. The after care physio was very supportive and I have to say that the whole experience was flawless. Thanks to the NHS Trust at Pontefract. We all know that the demands on the staff are greater now than ever before but I have nothing but praise for the way i was treated. Ironically, i am now listed for knee replacement on the other leg later this year at Pontefract, again. I don't enjoy surgery but I do know I will be in very safe hands.

Response from Pontefract General Infirmary

thank you very much indeed for your feedback and kind comments. we are pleased that you have been happy with the care provided and appreciate you taking the time to post on the site.