"A suprisingly positive experience."

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I was referred to the Urology Department by my GP and I was not looking forward to the experience, even though I have no fear of any clinical processes. I was amazed to be called for my consultation 30 minutes BEFORE my scheduled time and all of the staff involved in the entire process could not be faulted, in either their attitude, or consideration, Each one of them took the time to explain exactly what was required of me and why. As a patient with an enlarged prostate, I knew that there was always going to be a risk of cancer and this issue was approached in a very matter-of-fact way but with due consideration, without ever being dismissive of the effects it may have on the patient. I am currently waiting for the next diagnostic stages but I would cetainly recommend the Urology department at this hospital for any male patients who are concerned about prostate problems. I cannot think of a better approach than that offered by this department in dealing with this potentially sensitive issue. I normally provide my name in reviews but for obvious reasons I choose to remain anonyous in this case.

Response from Karen Danvers, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments on the Urology Department. Staff always welcome positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed on to those involved.

Karen Danvers