"I cannot thank them enough for looking after me so well"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Medicine

Returning home after having been shopping I got off the bus and fell. I was fine one moment and the next thing I knew was that there were ambulance men taking me into hospital.

I had injured my head in the fall wad was treated by Dr Gordon Smith and Mr Stephenson in the CDU where I was kept overnight. They did all the tests and scans they needed very quickly, letting me know what I was going for each time. Everything that needed to be done was done.

The staff they could not have been nicer, the nurses and cleaners were very hard working but cheerful and did everything they could to care for all the patients. The people who brought the meals were so kind, I am a fussy eater but I could not fault the meals they served.

I cannot thank them enough for looking after me so well. It is a frightening experience, people don’t always realize how older people worry about what’s going to happen but these people really cared.

Dear Wight104,

That must have given you quite a shock and was understandably ‘a frightening experience’. It is good to hear that everything was good, including the food. I will pass this to all the team in A/E and the Clinical Decisions Unit (CDU), including Dr Gordon Smith and Mr Stephenson. I am sure this good feedback will make their day.

Thank you very much for letting us know about your excellent experience and I hope you are fully recovered now.