"A gold standard of care"

About: Calderdale Royal Hospital / Cardiology Huddersfield Royal Infirmary / Accident and emergency

My husband had chest pain and we firstly went to A&E at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary and I have to say this team is a total credit to your organisation.

As a nurse who myself has worked in many departments to have every single member of a team that is not only efficient professionals from the porter to the medics. But every single member of the A&E team have the best people skills with every patient they demonstrate compassion care courage and total commitment under extreme circumstances. The leadership and culture demonstrated through the care delivered, to patients and families. Thank you!

My husband had had a heart attack and was transferred to coronary care unit over at Calderdale Hospital and again wow what an amazing team of highly skilled professionals. He had further tests angiogram and stents but was allowed home today.

With all the pressure the NHS is under and the criticism and blame culture this country and media like to use against the nursing and medical teams I feel it is time we recognised the amazing job these fabulous professionals actually do! Commissioners in Calderdale and Huddersfield need to feel very assured that their teams are doing an amazing job and provide a gold standard of care making sure every patient receives the best care! Thank you to you all!

Response from Calderdale Royal Hospital

Thank you for sharing your positive experience of what must have been a very worrying time. I am sorry for the delay in responding to your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that the level of care and compassion we strive to provide made you and your husband feel in safe and caring hands.

• KazzaS thinks this response is helpful