"I had a positive experience from the word go"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital / Maternity care

In December 2014, I went into labour with my first baby. Every single midwife I met from the moment my waters broke were professional and provided me with reassurance (obviously I was nervous, and in pain). The midwife who delivered my baby was amazing from the moment I met her. I never got chance to thank her personally. Her professionalism and constant positivity ensured I only required gas and air during the birth. She was very friendly and supportive throughout it all. Post birth I was able to stay in the birthing suite with my partner, this was a very nice experience and enabled us to be a little family from the word go. I was informed that if the room was needed I would have to go to the ward but they would try and let me stay as long as possible- I am grateful for this. I then stayed in for another 24 hours to have help with breast feeding, I was given advice and help whenever I required it and this enabled me to go home with a lot lore confidence that I could feed my baby. You hear a lot of horror stories about birth, but I had a positive experience from the word go, and I am extremely grateful to the midwives who do an amazing job on the unit.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

This has only just been posted on NHS Choices, but thank you for letting us know. We hope you are enjoying being with your baby.