"Son admitted to Monklands District General Hospital."

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Ear, Nose & Throat

(as a parent/guardian),

My son was admitted to Monklands General Hospital straight from a doctor's appointment, with a large lump on his neck and an extremely high temperature.

The consultant and his staff were a bit baffled and did every test, scan, and eventually biopsy that they could think of. My son was extremely unwell at this point and the staff took wonderful care of him even though they were sometimes working under some very challenging conditions.

Fortunately when the condition was diagnosed it was good news and my son is now recovering well. I can only thank Mr Kang and his staff and the staff of ward 9 for the tremendous care they showed my son and the support they gave to myself and my husband.

Response from Andrea Fyfe, Director of Hospital Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear cleo217

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback to ward 9 staff. We will ensure all the staff view your comments and I know they will be delighted to know your son is recovering. We really value and appreciate the time you have taken to send us this message. We wish you well in the future and hope your son continues his recovery.

Kind Regards