"Poor communication"

About: Wexham Park Hospital / General medicine

(as a parent/guardian),

My 15 month old baby suffered a seizure and was admitted to Wexham Park hospital. On discharge, he was told he needed to be seen within 6 to 8 weeks of the incident and by week six following it I had received no contact regarding the appointment, I spoke to my health visitor to raise the concern ans she phoned the ward to chase up the letter, a doctor phoned me later that day to say the letter was "STILL" in the post but the appointment was booked for June. over a week went by and this letter never appeared, on visiting the pals office it was discovered that in fact no letter had been produced and no appointment therefore made! Absolutely disgusting!

Response from Claire Marshall, Head of Patient Involvement, Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust

Dear waybuloo

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm sorry we didn't get this right. In order for us to make sure this doesn't happen again please could you contact me directly with your details so we can learn from this. My email address is Claire.marshall@fhft.nhs.uk.

Claire Marshall

Response from Wexham Park Hospital

Thanks for leaving your feedback which I have responded to on Patient Opinion. I understand the staff have telephoned you and explained what has happened. I am sincerely sorry for your experience. Kind Regards Claire Marshall Head of Patient Experience