"Lack of parking space"

About: Nevill Hall Hospital / General Surgery

In March me and my family were called to Nevill Hall Hospital as my Dad had taken a turn for the worse. On arrival, we were circling and circling looking for a parking space for approx 10 minutes. Compared to some patients, I understand this is not very long but unfortunately it may have cost us saying goodbye as my dad had passed away approx 10 minutes before we got to him.

A nurse later explained that if we had explained to a parking attendant he would have made sure we could park but short of shunting a parked car out of the way I'm not sure what difference he could of made. I really think a small car park should be designated for these situations so relatives can be informed of where to park immediately when they are called in. I know this won't change my situation but it could stop it happening to others.

Response from Aneurin Bevan Health Board

Thank you for posting this message and please accept our condolences on the loss of your father. In cases of extreme urgency it is sometimes possible to find a space through our parking staff and we apologise that this wasn't possible on the day your dad passed away. We will forward your comments onto facilities staff at the hospital.