"Children's A & E Visit - foot injury"

About: North Manchester General Hospital

Following a foot injury my daughter was seen very quickly and x-Ray done. To the doctors surprise no break, which was good news! However my 10 year old daughter could not weight bear on her foot due to pain. The doctor wanted it strapped up and painkillers given to see if she could manage to weight bear and if not, crutches. However when she asked the nurse to do this they stated it was now not policy to strap up anything that wasn't a break! She was given some Paracetamol and told to walk on it? She cried she was in so much pain and refuses to walk on it due to the pain despite Painkillers. I feel the doctor wanted to treat her accordingly but due to some policy she hasn't recieved the correct treatment! Was this a cost saving decision? I still feel she needs some support of some kind, maybe even crutches but don't know where to go from here! Feel let down by the service and I actually work in the NHS where I thought patient care came first!

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comment regarding your daughters visit to the Accident and Emergency department at North Manchester General Hospital. If you wish to discuss your concerns, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897. We will also forward your comment to the department manager to address.