"Nottingham City hospital colposcopy"

About: City Hospital campus

I just want to say how fantastic the staff were during my coloscopy yesterday at the city hospital women's unit. In particular the nurse who chaperoned me during the procedure was great. Not only did they keep me informed about what was going on and kept me distracted with interesting conversations, they did so without patronising and in a very friendly and welcoming way. It is a very awkward situation to be in, even for someone who was not particularly nervous like I wasnt, but they made me feel as physically and emotionally comfortable as possible and I believe that for other patients they really must be a life saver.

Response from City Hospital campus

Thank you so much for this glowing feedback. We are proud of our staff who go the extra mile to ensure patients feel safe and well cared for. We’ll share your kind comments will be shared with the team involved in your care. In light of the care you received you might wish to know that there are a few days left to vote for this year’s people’s nurse and midwife of the year awards. If you wish to nominate one of the team you can do so at www.nuh.nhs.uk. It takes just a few minutes.