"The NHS at its best"

About: Royal Preston Hospital / General surgery

I was recently in RPH to have a procedure. After my consultation in October, I was told my operation would probably be in the new year, which it was.

After my surgery, I was on ward 4 and looked after and kept in the picture throughout my stay. From my consultant, Mr Laitung, the registar, all the Doctors who kept a check on me, nurses, care assistant and cleaners, I felt very well cared for.

Ward 4 is obviously a very busy place and the staff nurses often rushed off their feet but they never complained and did a fabulous job. Nothing was too much trouble and all my questions were answered with patience. The care I had was second to none.

Since being discharged I have attended the dressing clinic which I believe is attached to the ward, and the high level of care continued there- I was even seen the same day when I called about a concern I had.

The NHS at its best!

Thank you to everyone who has cared for me.

Thak you for telling us of your experience when you were recently a patient at the Royal Preston Hospital. It is extremely pleasing to hear that the care you received was of the high standard we aim to offer all our patients; please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with the staff concerned.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your very positive experience whilst you were recently a patient under the Plastic Surgery team. Please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with the staff concerned.