"Bowling with the Panthers"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Intellectual Developmental Disabilities/ Learning Disability Services – Inpatient

Through the Nottingham Panthers campaign I attended a hockey game. It was a really exciting game and the Panthers won! I had never been on before so this was a great experience to see a good sport and feel part of the crowd with tremendous atmosphere. I bought a Panthers jersey and wore it throughout the game.

On Wednesday, I was invited to a game of Bowling with the Panthers players! We were all on different teams and every time I had a good shot or got a strike the panthers players cheered and gave me high fives. I couldnt believe that I got to meet them all. At the end of the game the Panthers players signed my shirt and had a photograph with me. The experience was definitely once in a lifetime and one I will tell everybody when I move on.

Response from Rachel Redford, Project Manager, Local Services Division, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for your lovely posting - Its great to hear you enjoyed the game and they won too!!! - I totally agree the atmopshere in the arena is one which is indescrible to people who have never been before. I hope you still enjoy wearing your jersey too.

The bowling was a fantastic event and I felt privildged to share that with you all. Yes the players certainly cheered you all on even when they were losing. I know from speaking to the players after the bowling they really enjoyed it.

Heres to next season!