"Ambulance Patient"

About: Southampton General Hospital

I fainted in my doctor's surgery and the ECG was worrying combined with a severe shin pain so they called an ambulance. The paramedics were very thorough and put me at ease which Irelly appreciated.They ascertained my headache was not caused by falling. My arrival at reception was very efficient, which again was very reassuring, and I was told about all the tests I was going to have. Everybody dealing with me was so friendly and really helped me to be less worried. The treatment I received was excellent for which I am very grateful and I was lucky to be allowed to go home with the recommendation to see my GP re another blood test and to treat my shin pain which I have done today. Sincere thanks to all concerned.

Response from Southampton General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your thanks and feedback about your experience in the Emergency Department. We were sorry to read that you had to attend, however it was good to know that the way staff managed and treated you helped ease your worries and you were reassured. We will share this with the staff in the department who are always appreciative of the thanks they receive from patients. We trust that you have now made a full recovery.