"Routine appointment with extras!"

About: King's Mill Hospital

I had an orthopaedic appointment for back problem. I also was experiencing bouts of chest pain with pins and needles sensation down my left arm (I had had this ongoing for the previous 8 weeks) When asked to lie down the pain increased and it was most uncomfortable. The Dr called for a Nurse as they suspected something more serious . Within seconds I had 2/3 nurses in attendance, all doing varying tasks whilst informing me what was happening and that they were going to take me to A&E. In A & E the same efficiency in hand over to A&E staff, was smooth, and efficient. Courtesy, kindness, attention, keeping me informed at each stage of their investigations. I cannot praise the staff enough. A Senior Nurse again reflected the previous high standards of care. Thankfully all was well and I was able to go home, but a definite thumbs up to the staff at Kings Mill!

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for your feedback, we will ensure that the teams in Orthopaedics and Accident and Emergency are made aware of your kind comments.