"Unprofessional and unhelpful"

About: Solihull Hospital

I feel very let down by your opthamology department. I have ongoing MGD which has seen my confidence disappear and my work life and career seriously jeopardised. I have been passed around from consulant to consultant, made to wait month in between this and no doctor has taken my concerns seriously. I feel mortified at the thought of living with this condition with nobody willing to try treatments for non responsive gland disfunction cases. The last doctor I had, was extremely rough handed and made my eyes so sore I could not return to work the same day, not explaining this to me before they agressively proceeded to mess with my eyes and ignore my concerns. I am so disappointed and upset by this experience that I do not know what to do next and I am beginning to seriously question the doctors at this clinic. The sister was very helpful, however the care is being provided by the doctors - in particular this one is very unhelpful, uncaring and unproffesional.

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your recent experience at Solihull Hospital. I am very concerned to read your comments and would like to reassure you that we take seriously the issues that you have highlighted to us.

Could I please ask you to contact me on 0121 424 0808 or email patientservices@heartofengland.nhs.uk so that I can obtain some more information.

With kind regards