"Staff were extremely helpful and pleasant"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital / General medicine

After visiting the Practice Nurse, who decided that a possible Minor Stroke had occurred, arrangements were immediately made for an Emergency Appointment at Gate 8b for 14: 30 in March.

Having never been to Pinderfields, we set off and arrived at 13: 45 and found our way to Gate 8b. We checked in, where I was immediately whisked away for Blood Pressure and to be weighed. On returning to my seat, again, I was immediately taken to see the Doctor, where within 15 minutes I was having an MRI scan, 15 minutes later I was in ECG, and 15 minutes later back at the Gate waiting on my results.

The Staff were extremely helpful and very pleasant. My results were collated, and within 30 minutes I was with the Doctor again for discussion. Thankfully, I do not appear to have had a stroke, nor do I have anything wrong with my brain!

Considering the fact that I was terrified of what may be found, and was expecting to wait around for hours, as you often hear horror stories about this type of visit, it was an amazing experience at Pinderfieds! Well Done TIA Team on duty at Gate 8b!

Response from Paul Jepson, Patient Liaison Manager, Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Pepper99

Thank you very much indeed for this feedback. We are pleased that the team were able to support you during a stressful and frightening time and really appreciate your kind comments.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

Thank you for this feedback and your kind comments. We are pleased that your experience was good and that you had a positive outcome.