"Minor injuries level of care very poor"

About: Queen Mary's Hospital / Minor injuries unit

turned up in excruciating sciatic pain on a Sunday morning after having had two consecutive nights of no sleep. Wasn't examined in any way. Instead the nurse told me to take 2 extra paracetamols and I was given some crutches. The promised physio referral at my local GP surgery arrived 5 days later for me to make an appointment (so I may get to see one next week if I'm lucky, 8-10 days after this started). All of that gave me another sleepless night till I could get some proper care from an acupuncturist and my excellent GP surgery. I was treated like a time waster who just had to pull herself together. I wasn't but my visit to QM was definitely a waste of time I won't repeat again.

Response from St George's Healthcare NHS Trust

We are sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the service you received.

You can talk to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service about your experience and further investigation can take place. contact details for PALS are:

pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453

Response from Queen Mary's Hospital

Thank you for posting your comments about your visit. We are very sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with your treatment. If you would like to talk to the service about your experience and if you have not done so already, then please contact the PAL Service at pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453 where staff will see what they can do to help.