"Treatment in a&e"

About: North Devon District Hospital

I was given the absolute best treatment when I came into accident and emergency on 11.3.15. The waiting time was meant to be two hours but on examination in triage I was actually treated in 20 miinutes. I was diagnosed with quinsey and given intravenous antibiotics and painkillers. The staff were amazing and so kind, I don't know the name of my nurse but they were lovely. I can't praise them enough. Thank you so much. I was in so much pain.

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear Jan Clancey

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

This experience you describe must have been reassuring and the hospital trust and staff will be pleased that you were able to make this comment on Patient Opinion.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments will help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.

Dear Ms Clancy

I was very pleased to note that you had such good, prompt treatment. I have shared your positve feedback with the Emergency Department Nurse Manager who will in turn share the comments with the nurse and team involved in your care.

I do hope you are now fully recovered, and thanks again

Response from North Devon District Hospital

Dear Jan Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on this site. The A&E team were delighted to hear your experience was so positive. We hope you are recovering well. Kind regards Katherine