"I could not have been in better hands"

About: East Surrey Hospital / General surgery

I have to say how delighted I have been by the treatment I received on the 3 occasions I have had to attend East Surrey since November last year. I was diagnosed with ulcerative diverticulitus in November last year via A and E whose prompt intervention saved my life.

The operation was successful, nursing care excellent and the follow up treatment since has been excellent. I attended the radiology department a few weeks ago where the staff were superb and today have been to the endoscopy department where, again, I cannot fault the treatment.

Above all, I have been so impressed by the way I have been treated as an individual and by the compassion showed to me by all the staff I have come into contact with. I have another operation due in the next couple of months but I have no worries about how I will be treated.

Well done to East Surrey hospital. I could not have been in better hands. Thank you.

Dear mossy1

Firstly please accept my apologies that no one has responded to your posting for a couple of weeks. We try and answer everything very quickly so sorry for the slow response!

Having said that it is of course really good to read such positive comments about a number of different areas of the hospital. It was particularly good to read that you felt you were treated with compassion and as an individual - two extremely important parts of how we try and treat everyone. It is also good to read that you feel you couldn't be in better hands.