"Super care from visiting nurses"

About: Mansfield & Ashfield / Continence advisory service (north)

Within a short time they were always there. They often berated him for not calling earlier. Every call was enjoyed by dad who's joviality, I'm sure, helped them out. Though he was often impatient with us over delays in coming out he never said anything to the nurses. They came as fast as possible and encouraged him not to over wait before calling them. I guess all older people hate to burden others. He told them and they always said he wasn't and to call immediately something was amiss.

On his behalf I commend the team of ladies and one solitary gent who chatted about all and sundry with dad and never gave the impression of rushing off to another patient, though their log was often full. My mum and I couldn't have wished for better care.

Response from Helen Hallam, Head of Service, Community Adult Services (Ashfield), County Health Partnerships

many Thanks for your kind words and comments. It means a lot to be able to feedback to staff how well they're doing and the impact they have on people's lives. Thankyou!!