"Coming into hospital"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / General Surgery

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Posted on behalf of a patient by a member of staff

Came in to hospital with an open mind. I must admit I have changed my mind because everything has been superb. Sister Julie very efficient, very friendly, very caring and her staff is really good. Sandra looked after me and she was phenomenal and kept me informed of everything that was happening to me and caring for my needs. Mr Komolofe outstanding - nick named him good looking. very caring, good doctor and would be pleased to come in anytime under his care and ward 16s with Julie. All staff superb. Food could be a bit better - not much of a choice.

Response from Gillian Corbett, Chief of Nursing Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Buddha1,

Thank you for sharing via a staff member your experience of your care in Ward 16. Senior Charge Nurse Julie Burns and her team will be pleased to know that your found the care superb and that staff were friendly, caring for your every needs.

I will share your comments with nursing and medical teams. Wishing you a continued recovery.

Kind Regards,

Gillian

Response from Hakim BenYounes, Chief of Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Buddha1,

Thanks you for your postive comments which I will share with Mr Komolafe.

Kind Regards