"My mothers stay"

About: Drumchapel Hospital / Geriatric Assessment

(as a carer),

Not in the least surprised to read this about Drumchapel Hospital as your description sums it up, a modern day concentration camp.

The worst experience of my life was ever having to watch my mum being in there. On the very last day of my mum's stay one of the members of staff approached my mum and demanded to know who owned the wheelchair my mum was sitting in and then made my mum stand and removed her falls alarm, all without even a smile or well wish to my mum as we left the ward.

My mum was in there for one broken hip and left with two broken hips. This same nurse and her fellow nurses had ignored me for weeks after I had complained about the continual neglect my mum received for weeks inside Drumchapel Hospital.

Dear bertie111,

I think it is important that we look into this in more detail for you. It would really help me to do so if you could contact me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk with some additional information about your mother's stay. I hope to hear from you soon.

• bertie111 doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by bertie111 (a carer)

Dear Lorna,

I think it is important and would help if you could add a link here for any inspection and subsequent report that has ever been carried out within Drumchapel Hospital over the past ten years. It would also be helpful if you could advise who is the statutory external agency with responsibility for inspecting Drumchapel Hospital. I look forward to receiving this information and it is not ignored.

Kind Regards